Prestes San Simon Cow’s Milk 140g
Inner Melbourne Delivery
Smoked cheese made from raw or pasteurized cow’s milk from the Rubia Gallega, Parda-Alpina and Friesian breeds and cross-breeds, with a minimum 30-day ripening period. It has a distinctive shape, like a large spinning top, with a flat base and a pointed tip. The geographical area in which the milk is obtained and the cheese produced covers the Terra Chá region, which comprises the following municipal districts in the province of Lugo: Vilalba, Muras, Xermade, Abadín, Guitiriz, Begonte, Castro de Rei, Cospeito and A Pastoriza. It has a typical aroma and flavor, with a smoky note from using birch wood. The cheese texture is fine, fatty, semi-hard, semi-elastic and dense; it has a creamy yellow color and cuts smoothly. Flavors are fairly mild and sweetly earthy with tastes of butter and delicate smoke. San Simon pairs very well with a pale, dry or even semi-dry sherry.
La Central Deli Delivery And Shipping
Delivery and shipping options are as follows:
- Within 20km approx. (depending on your post code) from Melbourne CBD: via refrigerated courier at $12.00 fee (Free of charge for orders over $200.00).
PLEASE NOTE: Recipient must be at home to receive delivery as some goods are fresh and cannot be left unattended. If you are not at home to receive the order then collection will need to be organised from our store.
- Beyond 20km and Interstate: via Australia Post (non-refrigerated freight only). Australia Post charges will be calculated upon checkout and the shipping amount added to your order.
PLEASE NOTE: Dairy or chilled items (small goods, Cheeses, etc) cannot be shipped with Australia Post as they need to be kept cold during transport.
Estimated delivery times and delivery days:
Up to 20km from the South Melbourne Market (SMM):
Orders placed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be delivered on Thursdays
Orders placed on Thursdays and Fridays will be delivered on Saturdays
Orders placed on Saturdays and Sundays will be delivered on Mondays
Beyond 20km and Interstate:
Via Australia Post.
Click and Collect at La Central on Market days (Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Orders placed on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays for picking up on Wednesday
- Orders placed on Wednesdays and Thursdays for picking up on Friday
- Order placed on Fridays for picking up on Saturday
- Order placed on Saturdays for picking up on Sunday
Orders for La Central takeaway menu can only be placed by phone. Please contact us at Tel 9686 5952 before 2pm for orders to be collected on the same day before 3.30pm (4.30pm on Fridays).
Cow's Milk, Cultures, Rennet, Salt